Below are some shots from the day.The first three are from Prek Eng 1. They have a great swingset and slide that the kids love to play on. In fact, the children at the other orphanages will sometimes go there to have fun with them.
The next four shots are from Prek Eng 2 - sponsored by Central Vineyard in Columbus. The kids were eating lunch when we arrived. I know I wrote this in my last post, but it makes me so glad to see them eat. I watched as the kids went back for seconds and thirds, and it brought me to tears to think about how they don't have to worry about what they will eat - and they can have as much food as they want. We so take things like that for granted.
Pheakdey is on the left and Sophal, the orphanage director's wife, is on the right. Sophal made lunch for us. It was a beautiful spread and delicious food. Notice that it's a mixture of Khmer and American food:) I really enjoyed the curry chicken though.
Below is a little video of Duck, Duck, Goose. I love how they enjoy the simplest games.
I am always exhausted but so filled with joy when I get back from spending time with the kids. They are so sweet and affectionate. From the moment I arrive, to the moment I leave, I have at least one kid...but often more than one...attached to my side. It's a blessing.
Today, Sunday, is independence day in Cambodia...celebrating the day that the country was liberated from the French in the 1950s. And next week is the Water Festival. I guess there are boat races and lots of festivities down by the river. Lots of people come to the city for it. So we are leaving town:) Well, that's not the only reason. Because of the holidays, there is no school this week. Megan and I are going to use this time to go up north to Battambang to visit the other Asia's Hope orphanages there.
Please pray for our safe travels and our time there with the kids. Pray also for a restful and filling time for both of us. I won't have my computer with me, so don't be concerned if I don't post as regularly or don't check my email as often. We will back in Phnom Penh on Friday!
Today, Sunday, is independence day in Cambodia...celebrating the day that the country was liberated from the French in the 1950s. And next week is the Water Festival. I guess there are boat races and lots of festivities down by the river. Lots of people come to the city for it. So we are leaving town:) Well, that's not the only reason. Because of the holidays, there is no school this week. Megan and I are going to use this time to go up north to Battambang to visit the other Asia's Hope orphanages there.
Please pray for our safe travels and our time there with the kids. Pray also for a restful and filling time for both of us. I won't have my computer with me, so don't be concerned if I don't post as regularly or don't check my email as often. We will back in Phnom Penh on Friday!
1 comment:
Duck, duck, goose - best game ever. And the first picture you posted needs to be a Poster for Asia's Hope - I love all their smiling faces.
Post a Comment