One of my joys from the last few weeks is that I have been getting to know other westerners who are here serving the Cambodians. Some of the people I met are from an organization helping in a variety of ways...at a medical clinic, in the community, and at an orphanage. They are beginning to partner with an orphanage in the middle of Phnom Penh that has about 70 kids. The Khmer woman who runs it is a Christian who is tirelessly working to take care of the kids. Last week, I got to go visit. Please pray for them. They have to move out of the home that they are in...and my friends are trying to figure out the best way to support them in making those decisions. There are so many children who need a home here. This lovely woman doesn't want to turn any of them away. But that also means that there are more children to feed, clothe, and educate. They definitely can use your prayers.
So, I brought my friends out to see our orphanage so that they could see what it looks like and how it runs and possibly get some ideas for their orphanage.What a fun day it was! As always, our kids were so excited to see new people and welcomed them with their usual hellos and hugs. My friends brought games for them to play. Lots of smiles and laughter!
Erin looks at books with some of the girls.
It's Easter and Khmer New Year. Not sure what that will bring here, but hopefully I will have more pics of the kids soon!
5 comments:
Love the hat!
You are amazing! I am sharing this blog with my kids, ages 15, 8, 5 and they have started praying for the kids there.
Those hats are hilarious! I love them!
I love the hats!
Jen-
So good to see your face and to hear about your life. You are such a blessing. My prayers are with you and the kids!
Post a Comment