Side note: If you think the celebration it the states is a bit much, you haven't seen anything. I took a walk to get some food, and (I'm not exaggerating) there was a stand selling pink and red flowers every 20 feet. There were cookies and candy and heart-shaped balloons. I thought this was just a Hallmark holiday for the states. Not so!
Honestly, I'm not one to get too excited for this holiday. Maybe it's because I was a teacher for 12 years and dealt with sugar-frenzied parties with young kids. I really did dread those days. Or maybe it's because it's not as much fun without a valentine to share it with. (It's ok. I'm secure in my singleness:) But, I do like eating chocolate, so any excuse to buy some is a good one.
I've got to say, though, that this Valentine's Day was by far the best. How could it be anything but? I was able to hang with 80 of the cutest little valentines you ever did see. And for this 'date', I wore a t-shirt and jeans. I showed up with my hair in a bandanna after not washing it in 2 days while covered in dirt and sweat from the 30 minute moto ride through heavy traffic. And still, at each orphanage, I got tons of hugs and smiles and "I love you"s. And that was before I gave them the candy:) (These kids can teach us a lot about seeing beyond outward appearances.)
Here are a few shots of these sweet, sweet children.
I fall more in love with them each time I see them! Oh, and our kids gave me a pink rose. Be still my heart.
If you haven't had a chance yet, please read the next post and pray for Sony.
5 comments:
Stopping by from Marla's blog - what ADORABLE kids! Reading about what you are doing there has blessed me so much, and I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! I will definitely be praying for you and all you encounter, and know the Lord is doing a great work through you!!!
They are all so precious! I wish I could hug them all too! Happy Valentine's Day Jen! -Crissy
I love those kids so much!! And I'm laughing at you w/your heart suckers, not knowing it was V-day. :)
Happy V-Day, Jen:) You are loved so deeply by so many. Thanks for ministering so beautifully to our kids:)
Hey, Jen. Sounds like you had an amazing Valentine's Day with the kids. I love reading your messages and hearing about the children, the sights, sounds and smells of your surroundings. God has chosen well. You are a great fit for this job and such a blessing to all of us who know you, as well as to the wonderful children. You inspire me! I will continue to pray for God to bless you and your mission. I'll pray for your friend as well. Peace- Cheri S.
Post a Comment